- Indoor Air Quality -
When the doors are shut, and the windows are closed, make sure you are not breathing in dust and dirt that could be collecting around your home. Indoor air quality is often the most overlooked aspect of your home comfort system. The pros at Gerard’s will advise you on the best air cleaners for your home or business. Give us a call.
Honeywell Electronic Air Cleaner:
- 3-stage filtration system
- Captures up to 99% of airborne particles from the air passing through the filter
- No replacement filers needed
- Renewable and eco-friendly
iWave-R Air Purifier:
- Self Cleaning
- No maintenance
- Universal mounting
- Universal voltage input
- No Replacement parts
Whether you are moving into a new home, or you have lived there for years, duct cleaning should be a routine part of your home maintenance.
Build-up of dust, pet hair, mold and other debris can accumulate in your air ducts as part of the normal flow as air circulates throughout your home.
Signs You May Need Duct Cleaning
• You notice dust or debris coming from your vent covers
• You have recently had water damage that may have become airborne
• Frequent recurrence of illness or allergies
• Possible infestation of rodents or insects
• Recent discovery of mold or a prevalence of mildew or efflorescence
How often should you get your ducts cleaned?
Although there is no "hard-and-fast" rule to how often you should have your duct work cleaned we would recommend an average of every 3-5 years.
You may need to have your ducts cleaned more often depending on several factors:
• You have several pets in your home who shed frequently
• You notice signs of a rodent or insect infestation
• You don't regularly replace your air filter